Our students 3-6 have 1:1 chromebooks within our building (they do not take
them home).  The devices are stored overnight in carts or counter-top
storage units, but during the day students either keep them within arms
reach in the classroom, or they carry them to other rooms when they
travel.  We don't have cases or any sort of protective sleeve for them.  In
our situation education and reinforcement from the adults in the building
has proven effective.

Over the past 3 years I have replaced 1 screen because a student placed
something too heavy on top of their Chromebook.  I have replaced 2 other
screens because they began failing.  Honestly, we have had more issues with
charging cables being closed in storage unit doors than we have with damage
to the devices.

Edith Fogarty, M.Ed
Technology Integration Facilitator
Bradford Elementary School