Hello, Fellow Listers!

Do you have something special to do this summer? Consider this opportunity…

How would you like to travel to exotic locales, learn about entirely different cultures and earn 3 credits without leaving home? If so, travel with us, Mike Beardsley and Sally Bisaccio, to virtual worlds through the Marlboro class, Games and Simulations. We explore learning environments in jokaydiaGRID, an immersive world for arts and education, Second Life and MinecraftEdu. We discuss how these worlds and others like them can be used for teaching and learning, and we create 3D structures to simulate learning environments.

Highlights of our class include a trip to Virtual Ability Island in Second Life to see how this online community supports those with physical, emotional and developmental disabilities, trips to communities that support language learners and teachers, and an exploration of science and history communities. We will also spend time in MinecraftEdu, building, exploring and learning how to program turtles (beginner computers) using the Lua programming language.

Sound like fun? It is! Come play and learn with us this summer. Sign up on Marlboro’s Continuing Education page (https://www.marlboro.edu/admissions/graduate/application/cep/CEP).

Happy Travels!
Sally