Not sure if you intend to set up Google Cloud Print or if you already use it in your environment but a ‘gotcha’ we got direct from G Suite support is that the Chromebox (regardless of Manu and Model) will not support Google Cloud Print and require a bit of third-party software (see $$$) to support it and even then the vendor cannot guarantee it. They have yet to provide details around it though.

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Keith Puffer
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Chromebox Lab

Happy Spring (finally!).

Was wondering if any of you are using Chromebox for computer lab desktops.

If so:

  *   Any gotchas?
  *   How are you handling log ins?

     *   Guest account?
     *   Everyone using their assigned domain accounts?
We are looking to replace an aging iMac lab.  Options that are being floated are MacMini, Chromebox or maybe even Linux/Ubuntu (but that is not high on the list at this point - not looking to add another OS).  The school is about 50/50 Mac/Chromebook.

Suggestions and thoughts?

Cheers and see you next week at Dynamic Landscapes 2017<http://dynamiclandscapes.vita-learn.org/>!!

Keith

--