We don’t throttle anything, but we have all Chromebooks on a separate VLAN at U-32, and we’re going to do the same at the elementary schools this summer.
Then we have a VLAN for school owned devices and one for public.
While this doesn’t matter at the gateway so much, it definitely helps cut down traffic internally.

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Edith Fogarty
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 10:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Chromebook Bandwidth Throttling

Does anyone throttle bandwidth on students' chromebooks?  If so, what upload and download speeds to you keep them to?

Edith Fogarty, M.Ed
Technology Integration Facilitator
Bradford Elementary School
143 Fairground Rd
Bradford, VT 05033
802.222.4077 x281
802.222.5196 fax
[https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B-2BSol4TOO9QTVCUEt5a3BfQ1U&revid=0B-2BSol4TOO9dVhxQXY1YU5lZjF3WEtiMzVDU2czRU9iUEZFPQ]  [https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B-2BSol4TOO9UTAtMkE5MmZJQVU&revid=0B-2BSol4TOO9NWJUNm8zc1VjU1ZmUjNJWmFpd2NCNWN5c0EwPQ]
 [https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B-2BSol4TOO9UzBTN3dObVhWQ1k&revid=0B-2BSol4TOO9ZEY5MG9ya0kwc1p1QktSR3lGc2YyTHEwK2o0PQ]   [https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&id=0B-2BSol4TOO9bHluU2htV2hGMzA&revid=0B-2BSol4TOO9NmcwTk4xaHl4STJ3czhLRTJPQ29USi9qOW9nPQ]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.