Most of our K-8 teachers preferred the phone near their desks.   Having it by the door made it inconvenient, and sometimes hallway noise disturbed conversation.

If the phone is used as an intercom, then it may be hard to hear.

Note: In 2015-2016 we found VOIP phones did not work well as intercoms - can't get the volume loud enough or adapt speakers to them.  Ending up installing traditional overhead speakers.

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Supervisor
Chittenden East Supervisory Union
211 Bridge Street