have a look here

https://support.google.com/a/answer/4580120?hl=en

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:16 AM Mike Vining <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I was just about to share that Google Sheets Add-in…  It can be very helpful.

You can start to get more detail from Chromebook use if you turn on some of the User & Device Reporting settings in the Admin Console.

Admin > Device Management > Chrome > Device Settings > User & Device Reporting

Try enabling the Device State and User Tracking.  It doesn’t give you lots of data, but you will see a list of users that have logged in, MAC addresses of the devices, etc.  I use the Add-in that Robert suggested below to search and filter for specific stuff.

Hope that helps,
Mike

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Carter
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 11:10 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Google Apps - identifier of device used?

Hey Melissa,

Here is a tool that I use here at WCSU;

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chromebookinventory/iifofihmahmlokfnajjngehfnilmdmei?hl=en

It is a plugin for Google sheets that pulls a lot of data from your data base and you can search for items within the organization. I have not found a way myself to search for logged in devices outside of the organization from the console and wouldn’t mind seeing if anyone had any information to add to that.