I think Meraki can do this with Chromebooks (free up to 25 I think).  There is a paid tool called Prey that will work as well (https://www.preyproject.com/).  If the Chromebooks support Android you can use the find my android on them as well… at least I believe that to be true.

Hope that helps,

Mike

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chip Ilstrup
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2017 8:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Chromebook Location Tool

Does anyone know of a chrome extension or app that allows you to "ping" a Chromebook, similar to the way you can on an iPad.

Thanks!

Chip

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it. If you receive this message in error or through inappropriate means, please reply to this message to notify the sender that the message was received by you in error, and then permanently delete this message from all storage media, without forwarding to anyone or retaining a copy.

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at [log in to unmask] Revised by mandate of the USDA dated March 24th, 2014.
  ­­