I agree with a wire labeller for a district.   There are standard labellers
out there that do both normal labels and wire labels so dual - function..

We use a Brady IdPAL 6555w for this purpose.

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 8:13 AM, Dan Roswell <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> If you’re going to do this a lot, I highly recommend getting a wire label
> maker: https://www.bradyid.com/en-us/products/labels-and-tapes/
> labels/wire-and-cable-labels/wire-and-cable-labels-for-portable-printers
> Get nylon labels, not vinyl.  They’re much better.
>

> As far as color, we use: blue for data, white for phones, green for
> wireless, yellow for cameras, red for uplinks, etc.  Doesn’t really matter
> as long as you create and follow your own standard.
>

> -Dan

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Chittenden Central Supervisory Union
Essex High School
p. (802) 857-7000 x.1030

*If you need immediate assistance please contact *
*our helpdesk at *802-857-7000 ext 1234 or *[log in to unmask]*

*For Technology News click here
<http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>.*

The information contained in this communication, including
any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged
communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee.
This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from
the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected
by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized
use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192
or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.
Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise
the confidential nature of the communication.