Our students 3-6 have 1:1 chromebooks within our building (they do not take them home).  The devices are stored overnight in carts or counter-top storage units, but during the day students either keep them within arms reach in the classroom, or they carry them to other rooms when they travel.  We don't have cases or any sort of protective sleeve for them.  In our situation education and reinforcement from the adults in the building has proven effective.

Over the past 3 years I have replaced 1 screen because a student placed something too heavy on top of their Chromebook.  I have replaced 2 other screens because they began failing.  Honestly, we have had more issues with charging cables being closed in storage unit doors than we have with damage to the devices.

Edith Fogarty, M.Ed
Technology Integration Facilitator
Bradford Elementary School
143 Fairground Rd