Good morning,

This was a late Friday question. The person exposed prenatally to additional progesterone was born female, but identifies as male, and the question is whether the prenatal exposure to additional progesterone might have influenced gender identity. Apparently childhood play behavior was more in line with traditional boy behavior - more aggressive. I've been able to find a few citations in PubMed by using gender identity, pregnancy, and gonadal steroid hormones as MeSH headings, rather than specifically searching progesterone, transgender and pregnancy. I've looked a bit in Psycinfo as well, but I am wondering whether there are text words I might consider or other databases. It's an interesting topic. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Christine Fleuriel, MSLIS
VA Maine Healthcare
(207)623-5729