Dear List,
This is a question for those that work with your local student information systems. If it isn’t you, could you let me know who at your school I can contact?

How does your system award credit for year long classes? Is credit awarded by semester or by the year? A student passes both semesters and gets credit, a student fails both semester and receives no credit, a student passes one semester and fails the other, but passes for the year, do you award a full credit? How does your SIS calculate GPAs? Is that bases on the two semester grade or year long grade?

I am working with our new system and I have run into this issue. I’m curious about what other schools do.

Thanks,
Brucie Donahue

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy/delete all copies of the original message.