Marc Chrusch queries:

>How far up do you have to hike to reach that patch of snow?

The Wachusett patch is ~1/4 mile horizontal & ~150' vertical from the governor's parking spot at the Balance Rock Road gate, less than 10 minutes of walking on compacted dirt plus 1-2 minutes on grassy-muddy stuff.  It's about 25 yards up the Frannies Folly trail from the Vickery Bowl lift station, the remains of what had been a substantial terrain park feature.

I didn't get to check it over the weekend, but if it's not pouring tonight I may pull another drive-by on the way home.

dana