From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Heimlich, Layla
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2017 12:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Article from ORNAC J - in French or English?

One of my patrons is interested in an article from ORNAC J, the Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada Journal.  She is trying to locate the full text of the study.  She says her "other" library has access to the journal, but all she could pull up when she clicked on their full text link was three pages, with the first page in French and the second in English.

The PubMed citation says:

ORNAC J. 2013 Sep;31(3):14, 16-9, 34-6, passim.
Perioperative communication and family members' perceived level of anxiety and satisfaction.
[Article in English, French]
Blum EP, Burns SM.
PMID:    24261110

The NLM description of the journal says "Articles chiefly in English with some in French."

I am guessing all this means that the article she wants is one of the instances where the main article is in French, with an extended abstract in English (which would be what she already has), but I'd like to confirm.  She wants the article, but only if it is in English.  Before I put in a DOCLINE request, can someone with access to the full text confirm whether the full article is in French or English?

Thank you!

S. Layla Heimlich
Medical Librarian
Wm. B. Glew, MD, Health Sciences Library MedStar Washington Hospital Center Washington, DC

tel: 202-877-5296

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for clinical quality in heart, orthopaedics, cancer and GI.

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be corrected... Thank you.

Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.