Hello Medlibbers!

I am helping to coordinate the "On-the-Fly Mentoring" service for the ULS
Membership Committee at ALA Annual 2017 in Chicago.  More details below.

*If you'll be at Annual, please consider signing up to participate as a
mentor.*  It's only a one-hour commitment of time and we always need a
diverse slate of mentors to mitigate delays or turn-aways.  The event may
not be specifically medical/health sciences library related but this would
definitely be a great opportunity to help guide others into this field of
librarianship.

If you know anyone who might be interested in either being a mentor or may
wish to seek out mentoring from this event, be sure to let them know!

Thank you very much!

Joshua Seymour, MSIS
Medical Librarian
Medical Library
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center
1000 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
Phone:  (631) 376-3380
email: [log in to unmask]

---

*ACRL ULS On-the-Fly Mentoring @ ALA Annual 2017*

Looking for objective input or feedback from seasoned professionals, or
seeking a convenient way to connect with other librarians?  Do a “fly by”
at ALA Midwinter!

The University Library Section (ULS) Membership Committee is providing its
“On-the-Fly” Mentoring service in Chicago, which allows a mentee to talk
with a mentor for a 20-minute session, on a drop-in basis***.

Based in the Placement Center in McCormick Place, the service is available
during these windows of time:

*Saturday, 6/24, 9:00am - 12:00pm*
<https://www.eventscribe.com/2017/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=266730>

*Sunday, 6/25, 1:00pm - 4:00pm*
<https://www.eventscribe.com/2017/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=presInfo&PresentationID=266731>

Whether you want to talk with a mentor or provide mentorship, we’d love for
you to participate!

*Mentors, sign up here today: * https://docs.google.co
m/spreadsheets/d/1LxvoiVfte6WNczrDDJ0ntzgC7wZ9OVTUmBSIchQPjd
I/edit?usp=sharing

***Note: Mentors, please sign up now so we can gauge capacity for drop-in
sessions. Mentees, sign up to participate on-site, when you visit the ALA
JobLIST Placement and Career Development Center.