Happy Friday fellow medlibbers,

I have an odd question for you all this morning.

Cast your collective minds back a few years....

I remember a poster from the MLA website that compared journal prices to everyday consumer items. For example,  A subcription to Brain Research was equivalent to a new subaru or a cruise for seven equaled a subscription to an obscure genetics journal.

Trying to find the poster references.  Or maybe there was a journal article that discussed pricing using consumer items for comparison.  Perhaps the article was the catalyst for the poster. Just clearly remember seeing this on MLA's site.  Can anyone help me out?

Don't worry if you cannot. It is still Friday and I'm in a good mood whether I find this or not.

Jannette

Jannette Bradley
Technology/Reference Librarian
Advocate Christ Medical Center Library