From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nickum, Annie
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 2:05 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Chat: general question for academic nursing librarians

Hello All,

I'm the liaison to nursing at my institution and it has been the practice for several years now to have office hours at the nursing building to save students and faculty from trekking over to the library at the medical school. In the last couple years I have had no more than a half dozen visitors in the entire academic year. I attribute this to the undergraduates not really needing me and the graduates being almost all distance. Most of my questions are via email.

I'm curious what others do in similar situations. Faculty love to brag about how I come over there a couple times a week and the dean frequently waves at me when she walks by. I don't really want to stop them, but if no one comes... I've considered online office hours, but most of the NP and DNP students are practicing nurses and I doubt my spouse would be happy about evening office hours.

What are your thoughts and experiences?

Thank you,

Annie Nickum, BSN MLIS AHIP

Research and Education Librarian

University of North Dakota

This message and any included attachments are from Central Maine Healthcare and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by E-mail or you may call Central Maine Healthcare in Lewiston, Maine, U.S.A at (207) 795-2259.  Thank you.