From: Medical Libraries Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Miller, Jolene
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2017 12:56 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Weeding/Donation Guidelines

I don't know if this is a best practice, but we require folks submit a list of titles with the year of the books they are interested in donating, then we let them know which titles (if any) we will take.

Sometimes we get drop-and-runs of boxes of old books, leaving us to recycle them.  People don't realize that it costs the money in staff time to pitch their old books.

Jolene

Jolene M. Miller, MLS, AHIP
Director, Mulford Health Science Library Assistant Professor, Library Administration Mulford Library Building, Room 416, Mail Stop 1061
3000 Arlington Ave.
Toledo, Ohio 43614-2598
419.383.4959
419.383.6141 (fax)