One of our nurses posed this question:

"I want to see if there is a framework or evidence for nursing leaders coming together to review disciplinary action cases and to come up with an outcome. Kind of like a medical review board for a provider."

I have searched:
PubMed using these MeSH terms: employee discipline AND nursing staff AND nurse administrators
CINAHL using these terms: nurse administrators AND professional discipline

I found articles about state nursing boards, but not about a local hospital nursing board that reviews cases. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
Jean

Jean Jenkins
Medical Librarian/CME Coordinator
Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital Inc.
169 Riverside Drive
Binghamton, NY 13905
Phone: 607-798-5290
Fax: 607-798-5989