Hello, fellow birders – We’ve just finished our second multi-day volunteering at Missisquoi National Wildlife Refuge and have posted some of the memories, thoughts and photos at https://vtbirdsandwords.blogspot.com/

We had a great time! The weather was spectacular every one of the six days (definitely not the norm for this year), the trails were in excellent condition, birds were everywhere, and human visitors were diverse and enjoyable. One family from Taiwan ended up taking selfies with us and then a group hug! I was reminded again and again of how important being in nature is for people, how it heightens their sense of awe and helps them forget everyday worries and stresses.

Maeve Kim and Bernie Paquette, Jericho Center