I guess this is a case of 'build it and they will come'. Bernie, Maeve and I
birded Moose Bog & Victory today. At the new boardwalk we stood at one place
and had a Boreal grand slam without moving. 3 Gray Jays, a Black back
Woodpecker, a male Spruce Grouse were within feet of us at the same time. A
Boreal Chickadee was heard above twice by all but we were too busy with the
others at hand to locate it. At the viewing platform we added White-winged
Crossbills and 2 Palm warblers along with a few other residents. A Merlin
was perched  just above the trail down to the boardwalk, calling. At Victory
we were saddened to find at least 3 dead White wing Crossbills along the
River road hit by autos.  We still found a few more live ones that came
within 15' of us for photo ops. A few Blackburnian, Magnolia, and a Black
throated Blue  were found. A good day but still sad to see those beautiful
crossbills run over. It seems they are not moving out of the way for
cars..maybe where they come from they don't have motorized vehicles.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing.

Tom Berriman

802-626-9071

https://www.flickr.com/photos/blackpoll1/