After striking out on repeated attempts to catch the Common Nighthawk migration here in Stowe, tonight was the night.  18 birds came by my watch site at the beginning of the Rec Path in Stowe.  The confluence of Little River and West Branch.  I even got a good look at one of their tails and saw the white band that the males have.  Thank you Don Clark for pointing out this detail.  And an even bigger thank you to this man for recording and sharing his counts with us all.  He has been a big inspiration to me.

Gotta keep looking up,

Liz Lackey
Stowe