Yesterday.  Sharp shinned Hawk dove on my two Springers while walking on the Middlebury College athletic fields, thought better about it and then hovered about six feet over my bald head. Then proceeded on south.  No other hawks in the area at the time.

The robin that nested on our front porch this summer is feeding a fourth brood.  Of course I can’t swear it’s the same mama, but in any case it’s the latest breeding I’ve seen .  Any thoughts?

Small (maybe 10) flock of Bohemian Waxwings filtered through the neighborhood cherry trees on Saturday.  Thought I heard a Cedar, but I could not see it.

Bruce Peterson