Greetings!

Details

MEET AT 3PM OUTSIDE BAILEY HOWE
WE WILL CONVENE AND MARCH FROM BAILEY HOWE TO WATERMAN AND HOLD THE SPEAK OUT THERE!

Immigrant's rights are under attack, so what must we do? Stand up! Fight back!

This event is the result of a collaboration of ideas amongst students from UVM’s Alianza Latina, Black Student Union, Women of Color Coalition, The Mosaic Center @ UVM, and Jordan Ciccone and Myself. We will plan to meet on the steps of Bailey-Howe library at 3 PM on Friday, where a few designated speakers will address the rally before we march across the green towards the Waterman building.

There are three central goals we aim to accomplish in organizing such an event. They are:

1 - To send a clear and direct message to the Administration of the University of Vermont that we, a large, powerful, and organized student body, will accept nothing less than the protection of our DACA students, their families, immigrant youth on campus, and dreamers.

2 - To stand in solidarity with DACA students and immigrant youth on campus to demonstrate that they DO belong here and that they will always have allies who support them and will work alongside them to defend their rights.

3 - To create a platform for the voices of marginalized folk on campus and Students who may be affected by the current presidential administration’s anti-immigrant actions to be heard. These speakers' words will help to guide us all as we move towards defending and upholding the rights of immigrant youth on our campus and across the United States and fighting the oppressive policies of the Trump administration.

THANK YOU! PLEASE SHARE THIS EVENT WITH AS MANY PEOPLE IN THE UVM COMMUNITY AS YOU CAN! PRINT AND DISTRIBUTE OUR POSTERS AND FLYERS HOWEVER AND WHEREVER YOU CAN!
.

Inquiries about potential speakers (especially if you are a member of the DACA/Dreamer/immigrant community) and other general questions/support may be directed to either/both:

Myself, Kaya Sittinger ([log in to unmask], or find me here on facebook!)

Jordan Ciccone ([log in to unmask]

****Please note that this is a student-organized event.****