Congratulations, Craig. Well deserved. My thanks for being an innovator and
providing so many opportunities to students and adults. Adam

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Steve Ligett <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Congratulations Craig!
>
> And "likes" for all the other posts. :star: :star:
>
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Bob Owens <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Congratulations Craig!
>> I remember meeting Craig when I was selling Apple IIe's to Schools in
>> 1989. Craig was always a wealth of knowledge and was a big influence on me
>> deciding to work in Ed Tech.
>> Our VT Tech community is losing a shining star.
>>
>> Happy trails Craig. Enjoy all of your travels.
>>
>> Bob
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Lucie deLaBruere <[log in to unmask]
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> There is a special guy I know who is spending his last day as a K12
>>> school network administrator.  A guy who I met on a Vermont School IT
>>> Listserv a  long time ago,  before it was housed by UVM - and was run from
>>> a BBS that he set up to be run WITH students!   I'm thinking that we should
>>> ask him to call one last PIZZA meeting sometimes soon! What do you think?
>>>

>>> ‚Äč
>>> I remember being jealous of CVU having one of the first SCHOOl IT
>>>  positions ever, when most of us were teachers setting up and maintaining
>>> computers in our classrooms.
>>>
>>> But Craig was always willing to answer my questions. I'd bump into him
>>> at conferences and pick his brain about things like "why my webpages were
>>> displaying outside of schools with an relative link, but I needed an
>>> absolute link to make them appear inhouse"
>>>
>>> I'll never forget the day of the Cyber Security Conference where he
>>> pulled in next to my car on his motor cycle and greeted me and made me feel
>>> welcomed even though I was 'just a teacher'  wondering if she belonged
>>> there.
>>>
>>> He always made everyone feel welcomed to grow their skills  and worked
>>> so hard not only to provide ACCESS to everyone, but to empower them with
>>> new skills.
>>> These very characteristics earned him the Frank Watson Award in 2011
>>> http://lucie.typepad.com/blog/2010/11/craig-lyndes-honored-f
>>> or-his-committment-to-educational-technology-access.html
>>>

>>> Little did I know that years later we would find ourselves single at the
>>> same time and he would start courting me ;-)
>>> Which turned out very well for me.
>>> Even lead to a fun workshop that we co-presented at VErmontFest one year
>>> called The Marriage Between EdTech and IT
>>>
>>> I know he's probably busy today  passing on the keys and passwords to
>>> the systems he has set up at St. Albans City School, but I couldn't let
>>> today pass without some type of acknowledgement that this is a big day for
>>> CRAIG LYNDES!
>>>

>>> --
>>> Lucie deLaBruere
>>> www.LearningWithLucie.com
>>> http://twitter.com/techsavvygirl
>>>
>>> Google Voice (802) 557 0013 <(802)%20557-0013>

>>> Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
>>>   - James M. Barrie
> [...]

Adam A. Provost, MAT
Interim Director, Burlington Technical Center
<http://burlingtontechnicalcenter.com/>
Burlington School District, VT
Twitter <https://twitter.com/burlington_tech> | Instagram
<https://www.instagram.com/burlingtontechnicalcenter/> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/BTCVT>

Phone: 802-864-8426  Fax: 802-864-8521

President, VITA-Learn <http://vita-learn.org/>
Educational Professional Development in Vermont

Personal Blog: creativeStir.blogspot.com
@batman44 <https://twitter.com/batman44>