Wow - hope you will continue to be around and involved.  Your experience
has been invaluable.  Thanks for your service and congratulations!

from the 'other' Craig, or one of the other Craigs...

Craig D.

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 10:02 AM, Lucie deLaBruere <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> There is a special guy I know who is spending his last day as a K12 school
> network administrator.  A guy who I met on a Vermont School IT Listserv a
>  long time ago,  before it was housed by UVM - and was run from a BBS that
> he set up to be run WITH students!   I'm thinking that we should ask him to
> call one last PIZZA meeting sometimes soon! What do you think?
>

> ‚Äč
> I remember being jealous of CVU having one of the first SCHOOl IT
>  positions ever, when most of us were teachers setting up and maintaining
> computers in our classrooms.
>
> But Craig was always willing to answer my questions. I'd bump into him at
> conferences and pick his brain about things like "why my webpages were
> displaying outside of schools with an relative link, but I needed an
> absolute link to make them appear inhouse"
>
> I'll never forget the day of the Cyber Security Conference where he pulled
> in next to my car on his motor cycle and greeted me and made me feel
> welcomed even though I was 'just a teacher'  wondering if she belonged
> there.
>
> He always made everyone feel welcomed to grow their skills  and worked so
> hard not only to provide ACCESS to everyone, but to empower them with new
> skills.
> These very characteristics earned him the Frank Watson Award in 2011
> http://lucie.typepad.com/blog/2010/11/craig-lyndes-honored-
> for-his-committment-to-educational-technology-access.html
>

> Little did I know that years later we would find ourselves single at the
> same time and he would start courting me ;-)
> Which turned out very well for me.
> Even lead to a fun workshop that we co-presented at VErmontFest one year
> called The Marriage Between EdTech and IT
>
> I know he's probably busy today  passing on the keys and passwords to the
> systems he has set up at St. Albans City School, but I couldn't let today
> pass without some type of acknowledgement that this is a big day for CRAIG
> LYNDES!
>

> --
> Lucie deLaBruere
> www.LearningWithLucie.com
> http://twitter.com/techsavvygirl
>
> Google Voice (802) 557 0013 <(802)%20557-0013>

> Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else.
>   - James M. Barrie
> ---------------------------------------
> Google Certified Educator / Google for Education Certified Trainer,
> Raspberry Pi Certified Educator

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
Essex High School B116
2 Educational Drive
Essex Jct, VT 05452

Direct to desk: 802-857-7130

*If you need immediate assistance please contact **our helpdesk at
*802-857-7000
ext 1234 or *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>*.*

*For Technology News click here
<http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>.*

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.