I was in British Columbia deeeeep in the mountain wilderness.  Over yonder was an instructor from the Northeast US teaching an avalanche course and we got word that they triggered a monstrous avalanche - a size 4.  I had to get a group together to check it out and potentially due a grim rescue/body recovery.  I led and we cautiously skinned up from the south to the N aspect slope that had ripped loose and hangfire was still ripping loose.  We shouted ....... members of the class shouted back and we got word that all was well; nobody got caught.

Stay tuned for word of ESAW!

Mark P. Renson