Once more, Denis deserves a "Like" click ....

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 9:03 PM, Denis Bogan<[log in to unmask]> wrote:   Ski magazine's reviewer who wrote the Tremblant piece needs to learn some geography.  Tremblant is well south of the 49th parallel, as is every eastern Canada ski area to the best of my knowledge.  The northern border of VT is the 45th parallel.

That said, Tremblant will always be a special place for me although I've never been there.  It is one of the oldest North American ski areas.  The long term ski school director, Ernie McCulloch, wrote a great little book called 'Learn to Ski' which my Dad bought me when I was about 10 years old.  The cover had a subtitle stating that McCulloch was the 'skier of the half century', meaning 1900-1950.  My parents didn't ski and that was the only instruction I had prior to adulthood.  It's knowledge was applied, to the best of my understanding, to herringboning up and skiing down golf course hills in my suburban Boston hometown.

Sent from my iPad