Hadley,

Yes, I'm sure I've setup the file share protocols correctly...If I recall
there's so locations in server to enable the "sharing protocol"...maybe on
the share folder and the user account?  I'm not sitting in front of the
server so I can't recall exactly.

The client computers are connected to OD...logging in with a network
account works when the home drive is set to local device (or whatever it's
called).

I considered leaving home directories alone and just mount the NAS device's
folder on each client but I'm unsure how to control directory permissions
(I want each student to have "private" folders for their work)

Ben Leslie
Battenkill Valley Supervisory Union
P: 802-375-2589 ext. 144
P: 802-375-6409