SB also uses Schoolwires, we also help with the how, but not with the what, and we also got some push back until we put a Web Dev position into the budget… then we suddenly got a little buy in.  Each building/department has a person responsible for the information on their page(s).  Our stance continues to be that if you want something like a web site, you need to have some ownership of that tool.

Ain’t nothing like telling the admins that IT needs more people to get the ball rolling.

Good luck!

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Will Hatch
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2017 8:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: who takes care of your school websites?

In ACSD we are sparring over who is responsible for taking care of individual school websites. My feeling is that the IT department can assist with the "how" of putting content on websites, but shouldn't be responsible for the "what" goes on them.  We have asked all schools to designate one person as a point of contact.  As I expected, I'm getting opposition to this plan.  We have 10 websites.  Website maintenance is currently not in the job description of anyone in the IT department.  We use Schoolwires.

My question for anyone willing to weigh-in,  is what do you do in your district?  Thanks for any feedback.

Will Hatch
Director Of Technology
Addison Central School District


Search <> the SCHOOL-IT Archive

Manage<> your Subscription to SCHOOL-IT

This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone. 

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, DC 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at [log in to unmask] 
Revised by mandate of the USDA dated March 24th, 2014.