SB also uses Schoolwires, we also help with the how, but not with the what, and we also got some push back until we put a Web Dev position into the budget… then we suddenly got a little buy in.  Each building/department has a person responsible for the information on their page(s).  Our stance continues to be that if you want something like a web site, you need to have some ownership of that tool.

Ain’t nothing like telling the admins that IT needs more people to get the ball rolling.

Good luck!
Mike

From: School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Will Hatch
Sent: Saturday, October 14, 2017 8:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: who takes care of your school websites?

In ACSD we are sparring over who is responsible for taking care of individual school websites. My feeling is that the IT department can assist with the "how" of putting content on websites, but shouldn't be responsible for the "what" goes on them.  We have asked all schools to designate one person as a point of contact.  As I expected, I'm getting opposition to this plan.  We have 10 websites.  Website maintenance is currently not in the job description of anyone in the IT department.  We use Schoolwires.

My question for anyone willing to weigh-in,  is what do you do in your district?  Thanks for any feedback.

--
Will Hatch
Director Of Technology