I'm hoping some OSX server experts can help me out with this.  I'm trying to setup a small mac lab, with OSX server and about 10 mac clients. For now I don't want accounts integrated with our Windows AD so I setup OSX server with OD.  My main goal is to provide these clients with network storage so they can use any computer in the lab and still have access to their files.

I purchased a small NAS drive, that supports AFP and SMB.  I've mounted the drive on the server and can read/write to it.  I've set this drive up under file sharing in SERVER, and can assign home drives for users to this drive....enabling the proper SMB/AFP check boxes.

When I attempt to log in to the mac client, I get a very cryptic error  "You are unable to login to the user (username) at this time. Logging in to the account failed because an error occurred."

Googling this and looking at some mac console errors, it seems to be a possible permissions error...I see this error message "osx error authorizationhost homedirmounter returned 65"

I've checked the permissions on the NAS folder within osx server and it's all set to R/W (for testing).  The NAS folder configured on the device's console has guest access enabled.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Ben Leslie
Battenkill Valley Supervisory Union