I use Nagios for monitoring. Its really more of a is it up for switches
and printers. It does show resource usage on Linux and windows.

For help desk we use Hesk. http://www.hesk.com

Both are free, though I did pay the onetime suggested fee for hesk.

On 10/23/2017 1:52 PM, Craig Lyndes wrote:
> I got Ntopng running.
>
> http://www.ntop.org/products/traffic-analysis/ntop/
>
> Have it set up with a mysql back end, saving every packet sent through
> the core switch for 30 days.  Had to use a 10 Gig fiber ethernet card
> to keep up with the traffic and not drop packets.
>
> Open source. Took a bit to get it running right (restarted with a
> fresh install of centos 7 times before it was the way I wanted it).
>
> Pretty impressive stuff.
>
> Craig Lyndes
>
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 1:13 PM, Will Hatch <[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All,
>
>     Is anyone using Lansweeper for network monitoring/helpdesk/asset
>     management?  We've been using a trial version and it has been
>     quite helpful.  If not, what is your preferred network monitoring
>     tool?  Thanks for any comments.
>
>     --
>     Will Hatch
>     Director Of Technology
>     Addison Central School District

Roger Saffle
Technology Coordinator
Highland Local Schools
4150 Ridge Road
Medina Ohio 44256
330-239-1901x5500

--

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:* This message may contain confidential