one of my smaller schools uses pickatime and the rate is reasonable based
on the number of users.

Another thing that I have seen that is free but would require a little
setup is Google Forms with Choice Eliminator.

Here's one of several YouTube Videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRtKTUhIIg

‌
<https://mailtrack.io/> Sent with Mailtrack