This came across my desk Friday:

Simple first step, but could win a school some technology:

In just 5 minutes, you can be one step closer to helping your school win a share of $2 million* in technology.

We know that as teachers, you have a lot of responsibilities to cram into one day. That’s why the first step of the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest is short and simple: in a just few sentences, tell us how your students could use STEAM skills to address a problem that affects your local community. You can share your ideas here.

From those initial project ideas, 5 schools from Vermont will be named state finalists and receive a Samsung Chromebook. At that time, the finalist teachers will submit a more comprehensive lesson plan outlining the project, but right now, we just want to hear your ideas. Whether it's environmental, health, safety, equality, poverty or something else entirely – we want to know what issue matters to your students and how they can have a positive impact through STEAM.

If you’re a 6th-12th grade teacher, enter the contest now at www.samsung.com/solve. If you’re not, tell a teacher in those grade levels about the contest, and you could win a Samsung Galaxy Note8 phone or 65” TV for the referral!

But act soon – the deadline to submit is Thursday, November 9. We look forward to hearing your STEAM ideas!

Best,

Ann Woo

Director of the Samsung Solve for Tomorrow Contest

Peter Drescher

VT Agency of Education

219 N. Main St. Suite 402

Barre, VT   05641