Drew

You didn't say, but I am guessing you have tried creating recovery media from more than one donor N6.

and also tried from a machine that is not a CB?

In general, chromebook ninjas have also helped me out before (until they find out a device is managed) but not with something like this.

Is Google any help or are they telling you to seek out CTL?

We’ve tried many different recovery sticks (even tried different manufacturers and sizes)  but the recovery process simply freezes.  Every time.  Leaving them to “restore” over night does not help. We’ve spent waaay too much researching and problem solving and have not made any headway.