 nope,  one size fits all

Although I haven't been asked to whitelist anything they block

Sent from my Android.

On Oct 11, 2017 4:01 PM, "Robert Wickberg" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Well, the price is certainly right.  Can you whitelist sites?

On Wed, Oct 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Craig Lyndes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dennis,

We have had very good results with Norton Connect Safe, which is free to schools.

It is DNS based so under the right circumstances it does not add any latency to a school's internet connection.

Their block list is very good.  Hardly any false positives and and very thorough blocking.

It is "3 sizes fit all", attack sites or attack sites and pornography or attack sites and pornography and time wasters.  We use the attack sites and pornography level.  You can't add your own sites and everyone gets the same level of filtering.  It works well with our philosophy that the filter is a safety net and adult supervision is also required for student Internet access.

It is possible to just hand out the Norton DNS servers through DHCP, then when someone tries to access a blocked site they will get a screen from Connect Safe stating it is blocked.  If you can set up a pair (for redundancy) of forwarding, caching DNS servers inside your school network you get the advantage of the caching (faster lookups) and you can block all DNS lookups from devices other than your DNS servers on your firewall thus forcing people on your network to use your DNS servers and your filter.

And it's free!

Craig Lyndes