+1 Will, Keith and Steve

Web content is lead by admin with teaching/integration staff
Web DNS, or tech/hosting problems is IT

On Sat, Oct 14, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Steve Jarrett <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I concur with your view, Will.  I think that:

- building lead educators should write the content to represent their vision for the school.

- the task of putting that content on the website is clerical.  It should not be in tech support's realm any more than typing letters or adding numbers to a spreadsheet.

- tech team's role, whether all techies or a few experts on the team, is to provide ongoing training and be available to answer questions.

In each of our nine schools and central office, usually an administrative assistant and/or principal is responsible for adding content. Anyone can submit content to them to put on the website.  When problems arise, expert individuals within our district-wide tech team are available to support.

*This view applies to use of social media, too.

Steve Jarrett
District Technology Supervisor
Chittenden East Supervisory Union