Dear University Business and Grant Administrators,
Please find below a message from NSF regarding the roll out of a new NSF PAPPG effective starting 1/29/2018. As is NSFs practice there is a nice list of the significant changes and clarifications for ease in knowing these updates at the beginning of the document.
We are pleased to announce that a revised version of the NSF Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG), (NSF 18-1) has been issued.
The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 29, 2018. Significant changes include:
· Addition of a new eligibility subcategory on international branch campuses of U.S. Institutions of Higher Education;
· Revision of eligibility standards for foreign organizations;
· Implementation of the standard Collaborators and Other Affiliations (COA) template that has been in pilot phase since April;
· Increase in the Budget Justification page limitation from three pages to five pages;
· Restructuring of coverage on grantee notifications to and requests for approval from NSF, including referral to the Prior Approval Matrix available on the NSF website; and
· Numerous clarifications and other changes throughout the document.
You are encouraged to review the by-chapter summary of changes provided in the Introduction section of the PAPPG.
A webinar to brief the community on the new PAPPG will be held on December 8 at 2 PM EST. Sign up to be notified when registration is available on the outreach notifications website, by selecting “All NSF Grants and Policy Outreach Events & Notifications.”
While this version of the PAPPG becomes effective on January 29, 2018, in the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 17-1) continue to apply. We will ensure that the current version of the PAPPG remains on the NSF website, with a notation to proposers that specifies when the new PAPPG (including a link to the new Guide) will become effective.
If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact the Policy Office on (703) 292-8243 or by e-mail to [log in to unmask].
Head, Policy Office
Division of Institution and Award Support
Office of Budget, Finance & Award Management”
Team Lead, Proposal Submission and Award Administration
Interim Team Lead, Award Acceptance, Set-up and Outgoing Subaward Management
Sponsored Project Administration
217 Waterman Building
85 South Prospect Street
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405-0160
To unsubscribe from the SPANEWS list, click the following link: