Yes we had one property owner that this happened to this year.   That is why the state needs to stop with these allowed extended periods for filing.  Also the State needs to be able to 
to handle the number of late filers if they are going to keep extending the late filer period.   I have found that the longer you give people the more they try to push those dates.  

On Tue, Nov 21, 2017 at 10:25 AM, Danielle James Choiniere <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

This is been a particularly troubled year for these filings.  A homeowner received a check payment from the state for a prebate.  He had apparently filed timely but was waiting for a homestead letter and revised tax bill.  That he got a check was very new to us.  Has this occurred in any other towns?




Danielle James Choiniere

Assistant Town Clerk/Assistant Town Treasurer

Town of Alburgh


1 North Main St

Alburgh, VT 05440

[log in to unmask]

Tel: 802.796.3468


Noreen Labrecque
Town Clerk/Town Treasurer
PO Box 159
Canaan, VT  05903
Tel: 802-266-3370
Fax: 802-266-8253
email: [log in to unmask]
This email, together with any attachments is confidential.  It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.  If you have received it in error please notify the sender immediately by email.  Please delete it from your computer without making any copies or disclosing it to any other person.  Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden.

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION. THIS MESSAGE MAY NOT BE FORWARDED. The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at (802) 266-8910 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately.Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.