Subject: payment policies
From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, November 22, 2017 12:43 pm
To: "Muni Net" <[log in to unmask]>, "VMCTA" <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

Does anyone have a property tax payment policy that excludes cash? or at least coins?

I had someone pay 1/2 their delinquent tax penalty and interest in pennies - over $400 in pennies . . . I would like to avoid this happening again, but the selectboard is uncomfortable in approving a policy that doesn't have the backing of a Vermont State Statue.

I had our town attorney look at the drafted policy and he feels it is appropriate and within the jurisdiction of the selectboard to approve it.

I've attached the draft policy and am open to suggestions.  Thank you to Bolton, VT  - I found your policy online and used it to draft our proposed policy.

Any input is greatly appreciated.  I would like to avoid spending another 3-4 hours at a coin counting machine, plus 2  - 1 1/2 hour trips to and from Rutland to count the money.

Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.

Best regards,
Kim

Kim Seymour
Clerk/Treasurer
Town of Weston
PO Box 98
12 Lawrence Hill Rd
Weston, VT 05161
Phone 802-824-6645
Fax 802-824-4121
www.westonvt.org

Please note that this email message, along with any response or reply, is considered a public record, and thus, subject to disclosure under the Vermont Public Records Law (1 V.S.A. §§ 315-320).