Print

Print


I've used HoverCams which are nice too.  They also work with Chromebooks
with an installed Chrome App.

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Will Hatch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I haven't used the Ziggy HD on a chromebook, but there appears to be an
> app in the Chrome web store:  https://chrome.google.
> com/webstore/detail/ipevo-presenter/jjehhjdfaodpjfkmcghhppkdcpoboe
> kn?hl=en-US
> <https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ipevo-presenter/jjehhjdfaodpjfkmcghhppkdcpoboekn?hl=en-US>
>
> I've not had the problem with the arm breaking, but I can see how it could
> happen.
>
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:37 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>
>>    - How does the USB Document Cameras work on Chromebooks?
>>    - If you don't have a "computer", do you see a limitation if someone
>>    only wanted to use the USB cameras with presentation?
>>
>>
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Nick Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> We have a number of the Ziggi cameras here at CVU. My only issue with
>>> them is the way the articulating arms are put together. At this point, I'm
>>> pretty sure that at least 90% of ours have broken at the point where the
>>> arms are screwed together. It's not a super big issue if it happens at the
>>> middle junction as you can easily file it down and drill a new hole in the
>>> arm (our shop instructor does it for us). It's a bigger issue when its the
>>> junction at the base or the camera, as there's no easy method of fixing
>>> them. The arms are plastic with approximately a 1/16" ring of plastic
>>> around the nut. This is the weak point of their design.
>>>
>>> Unless they've significantly changed the design or materials to address
>>> that, I would have an issue with making a full recommendation on them. Our
>>> teachers love them when they're not broken though and at that cost point,
>>> it's hard not to keep them in consideration.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Nick Clark
>>> Lead Technician
>>> Champlain Valley Union High School
>>> Champlain Valley School District
>>> IT Help Line (802) 482-7121
>>>
>>> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Will Hatch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> +1 for the Ipevo Ziggy HD Plus.  $99 on Amazon.  USB powered.  Works
>>>> with Ipevo's application Presenter, off of the desktop.  PC and Mac.
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hiya folks.
>>>>>
>>>>> Replacing a significant number of document cameras grades Pre-K
>>>>> through 6th.
>>>>>
>>>>> What document camera (or features) have you been using and like?
>>>>> What document camera (or features) would you not recommend?
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks.
>>>>>
>>>>> Keith
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Keith Puffer
>>>>> Technology Coordinator
>>>>> Harwood Unified Union School District
>>>>> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
>>>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>>>> Waitsfield, VT 05673
>>>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>>>> 802-583-7959 <(802)%20583-7959>
>>>>> Fax: 802-496-6515 <(802)%20496-6515>
>>>>>
>>>>> ------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> -----------
>>>>>
>>>>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>>>>> Archive
>>>>>
>>>>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>>>>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Will Hatch
>>>> Director Of Technology
>>>> Addison Central School District
>>>>
>>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>
>>>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>>>> Archive
>>>>
>>>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>>>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>>
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>>> Archive
>>>
>>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Keith Puffer
>> Technology Coordinator
>> Harwood Unified Union School District
>> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+%3Chttps://maps.google.com/?q%3D340%2BMad%2BRiver%2BPark,%2BSuite%2B7%2BWaitsfield,%2BVT%2B05673%2B802%26entry%3Dgmail%26source%3Dg%3E+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>> Waitsfield, VT 05673
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+%3Chttps://maps.google.com/?q%3D340%2BMad%2BRiver%2BPark,%2BSuite%2B7%2BWaitsfield,%2BVT%2B05673%2B802%26entry%3Dgmail%26source%3Dg%3E+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>> 802-583-7959 <(802)%20583-7959>
>> Fax: 802-496-6515 <(802)%20496-6515>
>>
>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT
>> Archive
>>
>> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
>> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Will Hatch
> Director Of Technology
> Addison Central School District
>
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Search <http://list.uvm.edu/archives/school-it.html> the SCHOOL-IT Archive
>
> Manage <http://list.uvm.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SCHOOL-IT&A=1> your
> Subscription to SCHOOL-IT
>