Will,

Supporting four Pre-K - 6th grade schools we have found the following (but
it is not based on policy just current usage and was looked at recently for
budget process):

   - Pre-K - 2nd primarily use iPads.
   - 3rd - 6th primarily use Chromebooks.  (I have not heard of any concern
   regarding 3rd graders not ready for Chromebooks).
   - Scattering of iPad carts, Chromebook carts and some (older) MacBook
   Air laptops available for general student use in all grades.
   - Google accounts are created for Kindy and up (does not mean that email
   service is enabled for those users).

From my understanding of our middle and high schools, they are primarily
Chromebook users for 7th - 12th with additional devices (iPads, Mac,
Windows) available as needed.

Keith