We used Ipearl covers for a couple of years.  The covers themselves crack
on the first drop, protecting the device, but then they won't stay on
right, and kids would just stop using them.  Then on the second drop, the
device itself suffers.  also, we still had a lot of broken screens while
the devices were in backpacks.  The cover does stiffen the screen somewhat,
but not enough.  Also, the covers are separate top and bottom covers, which
offers no protection to stress on hinges when kids drop them, or just pick
them up by the screens instead of the keyboard half of the unit (teachers
do this a lot, too, when they want to look at what a kid's doing on their
chromebook, and they're standing in front of them).  Plus, the rubber feet
of the iPearl cover peel off from lateral stress when they're being stuffed
into backpacks, and then the chromebook becomes a very slippery object on a
table or desk.  This year we went to a Volume Cases Folio case.  We also
switched from Lenovo to HP chromebooks.  Were seeing lots less damage, but
it's hard to say if it was the case or the build quality of the chromebook
that did the trick.