On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Nick Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We have a number of the Ziggi cameras here at CVU. My only issue with them is the way the articulating arms are put together. At this point, I'm pretty sure that at least 90% of ours have broken at the point where the arms are screwed together. It's not a super big issue if it happens at the middle junction as you can easily file it down and drill a new hole in the arm (our shop instructor does it for us). It's a bigger issue when its the junction at the base or the camera, as there's no easy method of fixing them. The arms are plastic with approximately a 1/16" ring of plastic around the nut. This is the weak point of their design.

Unless they've significantly changed the design or materials to address that, I would have an issue with making a full recommendation on them. Our teachers love them when they're not broken though and at that cost point, it's hard not to keep them in consideration.

Nick Clark
Lead Technician
Champlain Valley Union High School
Champlain Valley School District