All,

Here in Barre we have switched from using Ziggy's for all the reasons
others have mentioned... to using the Hue HD Pro - you can purchase
directly from the company or on Amazon for ~ $80 each... this is now our
standard document camera for most teachers...only a few need something more
powerful.
https://www.amazon.com/HUE-Pro-camera-Windows-Blue/dp/B00U7LV402/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1510590499&sr=8-4&keywords=Hue+HD

Many of ours are over a year old and are holding up well - we have had to
deal with the company for a few replacements under warranty - they have
been very easy to deal with.

Diane

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:33 AM, Nick Clark <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> We have a number of the Ziggi cameras here at CVU. My only issue with them
> is the way the articulating arms are put together. At this point, I'm
> pretty sure that at least 90% of ours have broken at the point where the
> arms are screwed together. It's not a super big issue if it happens at the
> middle junction as you can easily file it down and drill a new hole in the
> arm (our shop instructor does it for us). It's a bigger issue when its the
> junction at the base or the camera, as there's no easy method of fixing
> them. The arms are plastic with approximately a 1/16" ring of plastic
> around the nut. This is the weak point of their design.
>
> Unless they've significantly changed the design or materials to address
> that, I would have an issue with making a full recommendation on them. Our
> teachers love them when they're not broken though and at that cost point,
> it's hard not to keep them in consideration.
>

> Nick Clark
> Lead Technician
> Champlain Valley Union High School
> Champlain Valley School District
> IT Help Line (802) 482-7121
>
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:21 AM, Will Hatch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> +1 for the Ipevo Ziggy HD Plus.  $99 on Amazon.  USB powered.  Works with
>> Ipevo's application Presenter, off of the desktop.  PC and Mac.
>>
>> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hiya folks.
>>>
>>> Replacing a significant number of document cameras grades Pre-K through
>>> 6th.
>>>
>>> What document camera (or features) have you been using and like?
>>> What document camera (or features) would you not recommend?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Keith
>>>
>>> --
>>> Keith Puffer
>>> Technology Coordinator
>>> Harwood Unified Union School District
>>> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>> Waitsfield, VT 05673
>>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>>> 802-583-7959 <(802)%20583-7959>
>>> Fax: 802-496-6515 <(802)%20496-6515>

>> --
>> Will Hatch
>> Director Of Technology
>> Addison Central School District

Diane Stacy
Director of Technology
Barre Supervisory Union

802-476-5011
http://bsu.zendesk.com

“Supporting the mission of BSU schools by enabling the integration and
utilization of  technology resources to support and enhance the teaching
and learning of 21st Century skills. "

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments,
is confidential, constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only
for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without
prior consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail may also be
protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies. Any unauthorized use,
forwarding, distribution, disclosure, printing or copying is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately at 802-476-5011 or return e-mail, and
delete any copies of this message immediately.  Any inadvertent
disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential
nature of the communication.