From my internal phone person:
You can either have your phone service provider handle 911 - and they often
work with a 3rd party, or you can manage yourself.  Fairpoint evidently
uses or hires MicroData

She says: " In order to manage your numbers you need to pay an annual fee
to maintain a NENA account (National Emergency Number Association)...."

There are significant benefits from managing the numbers internally in
terms of response time and control, but it is a management task either way.

I don't have more on setting up a NENA account, but I know there are
schools doing it, and I believe Burlington is setting something up now.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Ben Leslie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Has anyone used intrado for the 911 database management?  We’re nearing
> the end of our phone upgrade and this is the first I’ve heard of needing a
> 3rd party to manage the database
>

> Ben
>

> --
> Ben Leslie Battenkill Valley Supervisory Union 802-375-2589
> <(802)%20375-2589> 802-375-6409 <(802)%20375-6409>

Craig Donnan
Network Administrator
Essex Westford School District
Essex High School B116
2 Educational Drive
Essex Jct, VT 05452

Direct to desk: 802-857-7130

*If you need immediate assistance please contact **our helpdesk at
*802-857-7000
ext 1234 or *[log in to unmask]* <[log in to unmask]>*.*

*For Technology News click here
<http://www.ccsuvt.org/category/blog/tech-news>.*

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments, is confidential,constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without prior consent from  the sender. The information in this e-mail is also protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies.  Any unauthorized use, forwarding, distribution,disclosure, printing or copying is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately at 802-879-8192 or return e-mail,and delete any copies of this message immediately. Any inadvertent disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential nature of the communication.