Yes, thinking about it but...

Two things to consider:

1. Although we have not tried to do this replacement yet -- Touchscreen
Chromebooks are much heavier than iPads.
2. Many staff are stuck on iPads... some have been given android tablets
with the same apps and they still want iPads.

I think a touchscreen chromebook could be a really good device for 2nd
grade at least. We are experimenting with a few of these.
We try to get 2nd graders on Chromebooks so they have time to get familiar
with using it before they have to do SBACs.

Diane

On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 9:57 AM, Will Hatch <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm also interested in this topic, as I'm considering replacing Ipads with
> touch-screen Chromebooks.
>
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2017 at 9:48 AM, Keith Puffer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Good morning.
>>
>> Looking for input from both the hardware and curricular side on this (I
>> ALWAYS love hearing from everyone regardless of role).
>>
>> Anyone had discussions on Chromebook replacement with newer touch
>> Chromebooks that support the Android apps with the focus of the discussion
>> being a hope to combine two platforms into one?  I see that many iOS apps
>> are typically developed and released as Android apps (or perhaps it is the
>> other way around).
>>
>> Do you see this emerging technology and functionality combining the two
>> hardware devices?
>> What are your experiences or concerns moving forward with this line of
>> thought?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for any replies on and off list.
>>
>> Keith
>>
>> --
>> Keith Puffer
>> Technology Coordinator
>> Harwood Unified Union School District
>> 340 Mad River Park, Suite 7
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>> Waitsfield, VT 05673
>> <https://maps.google.com/?q=340+Mad+River+Park,+Suite+7+Waitsfield,+VT+05673+802&entry=gmail&source=g>
>> 802-583-7959 <(802)%20583-7959>
>> Fax: 802-496-6515 <(802)%20496-6515>

> --
> Will Hatch
> Director Of Technology
> Addison Central School District

Diane Stacy
Director of Technology
Barre Supervisory Union

802-476-5011
http://bsu.zendesk.com

“Supporting the mission of BSU schools by enabling the integration and
utilization of  technology resources to support and enhance the teaching
and learning of 21st Century skills. "

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION

The information contained in this communication, including any attachments,
is confidential, constitutes privileged communication, and is intended only
for the use of the addressee. This message may not be forwarded without
prior consent from the sender. The information in this e-mail may also be
protected by the rights afforded under Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act (FERPA) and school district policies. Any unauthorized use,
forwarding, distribution, disclosure, printing or copying is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this communication in
error, please notify us immediately at 802-476-5011 or return e-mail, and
delete any copies of this message immediately.  Any inadvertent
disclosure of this communication shall not compromise the confidential
nature of the communication.