Hello all that work on E-rate:

I realize the "season" is pretty much underway and that you who work in this realm are busy already with 470's, bidding processes and tidying up payment cycles from last year.  I just wanted to alert on a couple of things:

The newest USAC bulletin had a good reminder about updating your EPC portal information. <https://usac.org/sl/tools/news-briefs/preview.aspx?id=803>   They have a process whereby they update based on their records any information from last year.  You should be sure that information is accurate, especially those of you in a merger situation.   There have been a number of questions on the merger activities and I would suggest finding out from USAC how to consolidate applications.  In some cases, folks have simply moved things to one new account, when there is a new entity name, others have changed the name on one and gone from there.  Seems there are different ways depending on how E-rate has been done in the past.  I am happy to work with you to determine which way might be best in moving forward.

Also.. I was able to assist two SU's this past year with payments that they were going to lose.  We appealed through various channels,  and in some cases can use our Congressional delegation to act on our behalf with USAC.  Let me know if  you have pending issues that have taken an inordinate amount of time to resolve.

I'll begin posting more regularly things related to E-rate as we move through the winter.

Peter Drescher
VT Agency of Education
219 N. Main St. Suite 402
Barre, VT   05641