This letter signed by 17,000 scientists is a major step forward.  I'd like to know what you think. Could SftP sign this with some commentary about what it may take to implement its proposals? They are:

  1. Prioritizing the enactment of connected, well-funded and well-managed reserves for a significant proportion of the world’s terrestrial, marine, freshwater, and aerial habitats.
  2. Maintaining nature’s ecosystem services by halting the conversion of forests, grasslands, and other native habitats.
  3. Restoring native plant communities at large scales, particularly forest landscapes.
  4. Rewilding regions with native species, especially apex predators, to restore ecological processes and dynamics.
  5. Developing and adopting adequate policy instruments to remedy defaunation, the poaching crisis, and the exploitation and trade of threatened species.
  6. Reducing food waste through education and better infrastructure
  7. Promoting dietary shifts towards mostly plant-based foods.
  8. Further reducing fertility rates by ensuring that women and men have access to education and voluntary family-planning services, especially where such resources are still lacking.
  9. Increasing outdoor nature education for children, as well as the overall engagement of society in the appreciation of nature.
  10. Divesting of monetary investments and purchases to encourage positive environmental change.
  11. Devising and promoting new green technologies and massively adopting renewable energy sources while phasing out subsidies to energy production
    through fossil fuels.
  12. Revising our economy to reduce wealth inequality and ensure that prices, taxation, and incentive systems take into account the real costs which consumption patterns impose on our environment.
  13. Estimating a scientifically defensible, sustainable human population size for the long term while rallying nations and leaders to support that vital goal.
Kamran