Thank you for sharing it through NWVT, Tony. I love the open source network for our speciality, great idea!

Regarding the pelvic venous disorder protocol, there is always room for improvement. I am just sharing what we use in our lab. Bonnie Brown RVT (PVI), and Sara Skjonsberg RVT (U of W), have also been instrumental in this comprehensive duplex protocol. Historically Nut Cracker’s and May Thurner’s have been evaluated independently. Times are changing and it is felt we can do a more complete examination and address all three areas of potential venous disease. It is felt to provide better patient care and aid in the diagnosis and treatment in pelvic venous disorders. More attention has been focused on ovarian vein reflux as an underlying cause of venous congestion in the pelvis and ultimately the possible source of lower extremity varicose veins. While a transvaginal approach is ideal when visualizing the para uterine and final veins (not in our protocol- tranaabdominal approach only)... the most valuable and important information is the diameter and direction of flow in the ovarian/gonadal veins.

I think the criteria and diagnosis for left renal vein compression is well established and understood. However as a vascular community the criteria and diagnosis of iliac vein compression (utilizing duplex US) could use attention.  If anyone has a clear consensus criteria on this area please share your experience/critters and correlative data.

Cheers,
Jill