Jeff,

I agree with Patricia the ideal location to access the Peroneal Artery is posterior to the lateral malleolus the problem is that it is difficult to access and maintain transducer placement during  cuff inflation &  deflation.  Also I wondering how you identify the peroneal artery in the mid calf without the use of  Duplex?  The PTA, ATA & PA are in close proximity in the mid leg (below the calf cuff).

Carolyn
"A master, in the art of living, draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence through whatever he is doing and leaves others to determine if he is working or playing. To himself he always seems to be doing both." Francois-René Chateaubriand  (1768-1848)